At UFC Fight Night 65, back in May 2015, Stipe Miocic battled against knockout artist, Mark Hunt. That night, Miocic proved to be one of the most well-rounded fighters in the UFC's heavyweight division by utilizing both his accurate striking, and well-timed takedowns to defeat Hunt via technical knockout. With that win, Miocic bounced back from his loss to former UFC heavyweight champion, Junior dos Santos, in December 2014 at UFC on FOX 13.
The official stoppage for the fight came at 2:47 of round five.
Two fights later and now UFC champion, Miocic is scheduled to make his first title defense against Number 3 contender, Alistair Overeem at Saturday's UFC 203 in Cleveland, Ohio. The heavyweight title fight will serve as the main event of the card.
Overeem is currently riding a four-fight wining streak, with wins over Stefan Struve, Roy Nelson, Junior dos Santos and Andrei Arlovski.
The full UFC 203 card goes as follows:
(Pay-per-view main card)
- Stipe Miocic vs. Alistair Overeem
- Fabrício Werdum vs. Travis Browne
- CM Punk vs. Mickey Gall
- Urijah Faber vs. Jimmie Rivera
- Jéssica Andrade vs. Joanne Calderwood
(Preliminary Card on Fox Sports 1)
- Jessica Eye vs. Bethe Correia
- Nik Lentz vs. Michael McBride
- Caio Magalhães vs. Brad Tavares
- CB Dollaway vs. Francimar Barroso
(Preliminary Card on UFC Fight Pass)
- Yancy Medeiros vs. Sean Spencer
- Drew Dober vs. Jason Gonzalez