Christos Giagos started his MMA journey young at just 19 years old. Four years later he would become the first ever RFA lightweight champions, quickly leading to a UFC contract.
Unfortunately, the young prospect found the step up in competition to be too much, and was cut from the promotion after a 1-2 run.
Now, older and more experienced, Giagos has returned to his roots and is hoping for another shot at the belt he gave up, as well as a potential return to the Octagon.
“If you look at my losses, the only guys I’ve lost to are guys that fight in the UFC right now – I know I’m way better than that,” Giagos said during his post fight interview. “I have a win in the UFC. I’m on a two-fight winning streak now. UFC, please. (If not), let me get that title back.”
At RFA 42, Christos Giagos took a big step towards that goal, defeating Arthur Estrazulas via unanimous decision.
You can view our photos from the event, plus the full results, below:
- Christos Giagos defeated Arthur Estrazulas via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-27, 30-27).
- Alex Perez defeated Ray Elizalde via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-26).
- Anthony Avila defeated Cody Bollinger via guillotine choke to win, 0:54 in round one.
- Davi Ramos defeated Mike Flach via a rear-naked choke at 4:07 in round one.
- Steve Gruber defeated Shai Lindsay via rear-naked choke at 0:42 in round two.
- Adin Duenas defeated Tommy Aaron via majority decision (28-28, 29-28, 29-28).