Conor McGregor is among several athletes that have received medical suspensions after a big night of fights at UFC 202.
McGregor won't be eligible to fight again until February 17, 2017, due to a left foot/ankle fracture. He will be allowed to compete sooner if cleared by an orthopedist.
The featherweight champ defeated Nate Diaz in their UFC 202 rematch via majority decision, but suffered damage to his foot/ankle after multiple checked leg kicks.
Despite his defeat, Diaz is facing a much shorter suspension. He will only be out until September 20, due to a cut above his left eye.
Here's a look at all of the UFC 202 medical suspensions, as reported by Damon Martin of Fox Sports:
- Conor McGregor needs left foot/ankle fracture cleared by an orthopedist or no contest until 2/17/2017 with a minimum suspension until 10/20/16, no contact until 10/5/16.
- Diaz is suspended until 9/20/16. No contact until 9/11/16 due to a left eyebrow cut.
- Glover Teixeira suspended until 11/19/16. No contact until 10/20/16. Teixeira lost a tooth from Anthony "Rumble" Johnson uppercut hammer to the face.
- Rick Story is suspended until 10/5/16. No contact until 9/20/16
- Hyun Gyu Lim is suspended until 10/5/16. No contact until 9/20/16
- Sabah Homasi is suspended until 10/201/16. No contact until 10/5/16
- Takeya Mizugaki is suspended until 10/5/16. No contact until 9/20/16
- Chris Avila is suspended until 9/20/16. No contact until 9/11/16 due to left leg pain.
- Lorenz Larkin suspended until 10/5/16. No contact until 9/20/16 due to left eyebrow and shin lacerations.
- Neil Magny must have his left leg X-rayed and if positive he must be cleared by an orthopedist or he is suspended until 2/17/2017. Minimum suspension until 9/20/16 with no contact until 9/11/16.
- Max Griffin is suspended until 10/20/16. No contact until 10/5/16.
- Melvin Vettori is suspended until 10/5/16. No contact until 9/20/16 due to left eyebrow laceration.