Bellator 154 took place in San Jose, California on Saturday night, and the headlining fight featured two of the world's best light heavyweights.
UFC veteran and now-Bellator star Phil Davis took on Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal in what would be a fight to decide who gets a shot at Bellator 205-pound champ Liam McGreary.
In the end, Davis came through and drummed up a unanimous decision with scores of 29-28, 30-27 and 30-27. Check out the full video highlights below.
Davis will now face McGreary at a yet-to be announced card.
Other main-card winners included Saad Awad, Adam Piccolotti and Andre Fialho.
Preliminary Card Results:
- James Chapman (1-0) defeated Sean Tucker (0-1) via TKO (punches) at 4:41 of round two
- Anthony Taylor (1-1) defeated Victor Jones (0-2) via KO at 0:27 of round one
- Danasabe Mohammed (4-0) defeated Martin Sano (4-2) via KO (punches) at 1:18 of round one
- Josh Paiva (8-1) defeated Steven Gruber (5-2) via submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:14 of round two
- Sam Spengler (9-5) defeated Doyle Childs (2-2) via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Joshua Hardwick (1-0) defeated Jorge Acosta (1-2) via submission (guillotine choke) at 1:21 of round one
- Jamielene Nievara (4-1) defeated Stephanie Frausto (5-6) via TKO at 2:43 of round three
- Mark Dickman (11-2) defeated Thomas Diagne (5-6-1) via TKO (punches) at 3:05 of round three