A few weeks ago, I wrote about the so-called "Stockton Slap," a technique (of sorts) made famous by the Diaz brothers.
With Nate Diaz back in the spotlight again after a huge win over Featherweight champ Conor McGregor, the 209's Stockton Slap is all the rage right now. It's caught on with fans so much that EA Sports has even decided to add it to their UFC video game.
Take a look at real game footage of the slap in action:
You've got to love it... Northern California, stand up!
In addition to the slap, the latest UFC 2 update also included:
GAME MODE UPDATES
- All-New Item Exchange: A brand new way for you to get more powerful items in UFC Ultimate Team. Exchange five (5) items in your Collection for a brand new random item that is a level higher. Exchange better items for a higher chance of getting rare fighter showcase moves items.
- Added the ability to edit a created fighter's appearance at any time in Ultimate Team and Career Mode.
- Added the display of the winning move, the player's best move and the opponent's best move after an Ultimate Team fight in the post-fight menu.
- Added the ability to view more details about the fighters in Live Event fights.
- Strike Intercept: Strikes landed within the opponent’s initial wind up phase of a strike will halt them from completing their strike.
- Stockton Slap – 209 move added.
- If a parry is mistimed, the block is not activated automatically.
- Reduced speed of clinch attempts.
- Improved AI logic for submissions and game plans.
- Elbows and Punches in Muay Thai Clinch cannot intercept transition attempts.
- Swaying away from the opponent will put the fighter at risk for higher body damage.
- Bottom fighter is given Grapple Advantage after escaping finish the fight into back side.
- Increased grapple advantage is given to bottom fighter while top fighter strikes in side control
- Made the bottom fighter's transition to side control from back side uninterruptible by strikes
- In sprawl, the bottom fighter will now slowly accumulate grapple advantage, making escapes easier the longer they are held in that position.
- Tuned damage on uppercut combos.
- Clinch and Takedown attempts punish more when denied.
- Updated Attribute/Perks/Moves for various fighters.