The UFC is heading to Brazil on May 14 and will hold it's first even in a soccer stadium.
It was announced today, that UFC 198 will feature Stipe Miocic and Fabricio Werdum facing off for the heavyweight championship. The event will be held at the 42,000-seat Arena da Baixada stadium in Curitiba, Brazil.
This will be the first time that Werdum is defending his heavyweight belt. He was slated to defend it back in February, but had to pull out of the event due to an injury. Werdum won the championship by defeating Cain Velasquez.
As for Miocric, he's currently 14-2 and earned a shot at the title after defeating Andrei Arlovski in a 54 second KO back at UFC 195. Miocric is 8-2 in the UFC and holds 5 KO victories, including a TKO against Mark Hunt in the fifth round.
The co-main event will feature middleweight fighters Ronaldo and Souza and Vitor Belfort. The two fighters were expected to headline the event, but will now act as co-main.
The full card is listed below:
- Fabricio Werdum vs. Stipe Miocic
- Ronaldo Souza vs. Vitor Belfort
- Patrick Cummins vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Matt Brown vs. Demian Maia
- Bryan Barberena vs. Warlley Alves
- Nate Marquardt vs. Thiago Santos
- Leonardo Santos vs. Evan Dunham
- Yancy Medeiros vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Kamaru Usman vs. Sergio Moraes