John Lineker's return to the bantamweight division in the UFC was pure fireworks.
The former UFC flyweight returned to the 135-pound weight class to face the veteran, Francisco Rivera. From the begging of the first round until the referee waived the fight off, it was non-stop action. Both Rivera and Lineker engaged in a wild exchange, swinging heavy shots at each other, which resulted with Lineker rocking Rivera, and then following up with a guillotine choke to end the fight. That fight took Fight of the Night awards.
Now, Lineker is no newbie to the bantamweight division, as he's on a three-fight win streak and ranked No. 3 in the division.
'Hands of Stone' has been scheduled to take on former flyweight-turned-bantamweight, John Dodson in a pivotal bout in the main event of UFC Fight Night 96. This card will be held on Oct. 1 at the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon.
The rest of the UFC Fight Night 91 card goes as follows:
Main Card (FOX Sports 1)
- John Lineker vs. John Dodson
- Will Brooks vs. Alex Oliveira
- Josh Burkman vs. Zak Ottow
- Louis Smolka vs. Brandon Moreno
Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 2)
- Luis Henrique da Silva vs. Joachim Christensen
- Hacran Dias vs. Andre Fili
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Walt Harris
- Keita Nakamura vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Nate Marquardt vs. Tamdan McCrory
- Jonathan Wilson vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Cody East vs. Curtis Blaydes
- Kelly Faszholz vs. Ketlen Vieira