The UFC has announced that it will begin playing UFC events on the big screen at movie theaters throughout Australia and New Zealand.
“UFC 205 is the perfect event to establish this partnership and not only is it one of the most highly anticipated cards of 2016, but may serve as one of the most spectacular big screen events in brand history," said UFC Vice President of Content David Shaw. "We look forward to providing fans with a larger-than-life experience and a night with three titles on the line that they’ll never forget.”
This has been done in the United States previously through Fathom Events. The most recent card to hit the big screen was UFC 187: #AnthonyJohnson vs. #DanielCormier, and the first UFC event to be aired in movie theater's was UFC 111: St-Pierre vs. Hardy.
Tickets will sell for $25 each for the UFC 205 showing and are already on sale.
There is no word if the UFC will offer a similar option to those fans in the US, though there are independently owned theaters that are offering special event showings independent of Fathom Events.
UFC 205 Card:
- Eddie Alvarez (c) vs. Conor McGregor
- Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk (c) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
- Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
- Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans
- Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
- Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
- Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
- Belal Muhammad vs. Vicente Luque
- Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
- Michael Johnson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov