Holiday gift giving stress is the worst. I'm always paranoid of getting just the right thing. I also know that MMA fans can be some of the hardest to shop for. So, I've put together a list of things that might make good gifts for any MMA fan. Share this and tag your loved ones if you're worried about getting more socks this year.
Tickets to UFC 207
I mean, c'mon I think we all want to see the return of Ronda Rousey. That alone is worth the cost of a ticket - but we ALSO have a title fight between Dominick Cruz and Cody Garbrandt.
Tickets are already on sale, but there are still some great seats at a pretty affordable price (about $100 each).
Where to buy: UFC 207 tickets
Hykso Boxing Sensors
Forbes called it, "innovative wearable technology," I call it... pretty damn cool. Hykso is a boxing sensor you wear when training to help track and monitor your striking. Everyone from Cris Cyborg to Anthony Birchak are using it.
The system can automatically track each punch thrown, calculates its speed and recognizes its specific punch type. You can even measure the intensity of your workout and it tracks your progress from workout to workout.
Where to buy: Hykso.com
MMA Inspired Apparel
Probably the most economical (and practical) purchase would be clothing. We all love wearing our obscure MMA tee's out and spotting other MMA fans (wait is that just me?) Plus, many fans also train. I included a few of my favorite MMA and BJJ inspired clothing and workout gear that could easily impress even the seasoned fan.
- Cauliflower Nation - Jiu Jitsu inspired clothing line that honors and celebrates the key feature to most MMA athletes - cauliflower ear.
- Newaza Apparel - This is by far my favorite brand for jiu jitsu rashguards. They also have t-shirts, hats and stickers, too (I have the "In Jiu-Jitsu We Trust" sticker on my car right now.)
- Love MMA - I cannot gush about this MMA clothing line enough, their tee's are rock/metal inspired and SO F-ING HARDCORE.
- Enois Gi's - Do you have a grappler on your Holiday list? I sure do! I personally roll in this gi and cannot speak more highly of the quality. I promise you, any jiu-jitsu practitioner can always use a new gi... the best part is for every gi you buy, they donate one to a school.
- Punishment Athletics - It wouldn't be a complete apparel list without Tito Ortiz's Punishment Athletics line. I personally like its women's line, especially the "Girls Kick Ass" tanks. I have one in black and pink!
EA Sports UFC 2
I'll be the first to admit that I know NOTHING about video games, but apparently, all of my gaming friends say this game is incredible. (Editor's note: it's really good.)
You can play as your favorite UFC fighter and pretend you are living out your glory days in the Octagon.
Where to buy: EA Sports UFC 2
UFC Fight Pass Subscription
If you enjoy watching MMA, and you don't already have a subscription to UFC Fight Pass, then you are missing out. It's the most comprehensive fight library of all time and at less than $10 a month, anyone can afford it.
Purchase it here.
2016 Topps UFC Knockout Hobby Box
OMG! I need this STAT. Did you know that Topps makes UFC trading cards?! ME EITHER, AND NOW MY LIFE IS FOREVER CHANGED!
This particular box can be found here.
Conor McGregor ugly Christmas sweater
I'd wear this all year round, not just to an ugly Christmas party... it's genius. I stumbled upon this glorious sweater while browsing Instagram, I now share it with all of you.
Find it for a limited time here.
Coach K's new book
Conor McGregor's head coach wrote a book this year, and I hear it's pretty good. This would be a safe bet for any MMA fan - no matter if they are a fan of McGregor or not!
You can get it online here.