Former Middleweight Champion Chris Weidman and welterweight title contender Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson are on the cover of the most recent issue of Gotham magazine, looking much more dapper than usual.
The pair, who will both be fighting at #UFC205 this month, were interviewed by UFC veteran Matt Sera and comedian Jim Norton at the UFC Gym in SoHo, New York.
The brothers-in-law explained how they helped to get the sport legalized in New York state, and what it means to them to be a part of the biggest fight card in UFC history.
"To be able to fight in #NewYork in front of all the fans and family and friends that weren’t able to travel to Las Vegas, it’s a dream come true," Weidman said. "They can just take a train ride right into Penn Station, walk upstairs to Madison Square Garden. It’s the way it should be. They deserve it."
They also explained the perils of fighting injures, how they met each other and even their relationships with fans.
You can read their full interview here.
Weidman will face Yoel Romero at UFC 205 in hopes of getting the next title shot at current champion Michael Bisping. Weidman has not seen the inside of the Octagon since his second round TKO loss to Luke Rockhold.
Thompson meanwhile will be facing champion Tyron Woodley for the welterweight title. "Wonderboy" is on a seven fight win streak, including his most recent win over Rory MacDonald back in June.
UFC 205 Card:
- Eddie Alvarez (c) vs. Conor McGregor
- Tyron Woodley (c) vs. Stephen Thompson
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk (c) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
- Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
- Tim Kennedy vs. Rashad Evans
- Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
- Tim Boetsch vs. Rafael Natal
- Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
- Belal Muhammad vs. Vicente Luque
- Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
- Michael Johnson vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov