UFC lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez is training hard just one week before his epic UFC 205 bout with UFC featherweight champion Conor McGregor, and he's sporting a shiner.
In the first episode of UFC 205 Embedded, Alvarez is filmed driving home from THAT crazy UFC media call, and then heading to the gym to train.
"We can't let the cameras in on our secrets, unfortunately," Alvarez said as he and Frankie Edgar exit the cage sweaty and tired.
Despite not seeing what it was that the pair were doing, you could see the after effects, as the new champion had a large bruise surrounding his left eye.
In addition to Alvarez, the crew also followed his opponent #ConorMcGregor as he trained while his nutritionist, George Lockhart, prepared a meal for the fighter and his coach.
It also features strawweight champion, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, who shares her hydration techniques. Her challenger, Karolina Kowalkiewicz, is featured hitting pads and shopping.
As if that episode wasn't stacked enough, we also saw welterweight title challenger Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson teaching karate to kids while the welterweight champion, Tyron Woodley made an appearance with his family at the gym.
Full UFC 205 Fight Card:
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Conor McGregor - Lightweight Championship
- Tyron Woodley vs. Stephen Thompson - Welterweight Championship
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz - Strawweight Championship
- Donald Cerrone vs. Kelvin Gastelum
- Chris Weidman vs. Yoel Romero
- Miesha Tate vs. Raquel Pennington
- Frankie Edgar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Michael Johnson
- Rashad Evans vs. Tim Kennedy
- Vicente Luque vs. Belal Muhammad
UFC Fight Pass:
- Jim Miller vs. Thiago Alves
- Rafael Natal vs. Tim Boetsch
- Liz Carmouche vs. Katlyn Chookagian
Watch the historic UFC 205 fight card, which takes place at Madison Square Garden on November 12th, live on pay-per-view.