A bantamweight bout between former champion T.J. Dillashaw and John Lineker is reportedly close to being finalized for UFC 207.
According to ESPN, who spoke with multiple sources, both fighters have agreed to the match-up, and the UFC should be making it official shortly.
The fight would take place on the same card as the return of #RondaRousey, as well as a title fight between Dominick Cruz and Cody Garbrandt.
Dillashaw had been aggressively seeking out a title shot against Cruz ahead of this pairing, even offering a side bet of $100,000 if Cruz agreed to the rematch. The two fought previously in January, with Cruz taking a split decision victory to reclaim the belt. Since then, Dillashaw fought again at UFC 200, defeating Raphael Assunção, while Cruz took on Urijah Faber at UFC 199.
Lineker is currently on a five fight win streak, including four wins since moving up in weight. His most recent win, a split decision over John Dodson in October, was contested at catchweight however when Lineker failed to make weight.
#UFC207 will take place on December 30, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Current UFC 207 Card:
- Amanda Nunes (c) vs. Ronda Rousey
- Dominick Cruz (c) vs. Cody Garbrandt
- TJ Dillashaw vs. John Lineker
- Fabrício Werdum vs. Cain Velasquez
- Mike Pyle vs. Alex Garcia
- Johny Hendricks vs. Neil Magny
- Tim Means vs. Alex Oliveira
- Tarec Saffiedine vs. Matt Brown
- Antônio Carlos Júnior vs. Marvin Vettori