In the world of combat sports, every knockout is truly its own, unique, unconsciousness-inducing snowflake. From time to time, however, we are gifted a KO that truly defies the odds, our expectations, or even the common laws of physics. That's what the 'Insane KO of the Day' is all about.
Today's KO: Gone in Six Seconds
Picture this scenario: You're an up-and-coming MMA fighter preparing for a fight in Asia's biggest promotion, One Championship. You're trying to erase the memory of your promotional debut, which happened a year earlier and saw you lose by first round submission, so you've spent the past six to eight weeks making sure that everything in your training camp went as flawlessly as possible.
Then, the night comes. You've run over the gameplan to beat your opponent a thousand times in your head, maybe more. You can practically see your path to redemption forming in front of you, and then...
Now add a soccer to kick to the dome and you know exactly how Chan Heng felt at ONE FC 35. But as the great Gus Johnson once said, sometimes these things happen in MMA.
- Insane KO of the Day: The British Version of Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim
- Insane KO of the Day: Mishal Alfad Gets Taken to Suplex City
- Insane KO of the Day: Brian Camozzi's Head Kick-Flying Knee Hybrid
- Insane KO of the Day: Head Kick Sends Heavyweight Into Orbit
- Insane KO of the Day: A Woman Named 'Kill Face' Kills a Face