In the world of combat sports, every knockout is truly its own, unique, unconsciousness-inducing snowflake. From time to time, however, we are gifted a KO that truly defies the odds, our expectations, or even the common laws of physics. That's what the 'Insane KO of the Day' is all about.
Today's KO: The Reader With an Overhand
We asked you pugilistic-inclined readers of the site to point us in the direction of more unconsciousness-inducing snowflakes, we didn't expect you to share your own jaw-breakers. Paul Gill is the most recent keyboard warrior to supply us with video evidence he's more than just his Twitter account. We love walk-off KOs, but entries from fans are twice as sweet.
In his fight at Fusion Fighting Championships 23 against Lance Graves, he pulled off a buzzer-beater knockout that sent Graves snoring like that one uncle after Thanksgiving dinner. His perfect overhand right landed with ten seconds left in the first round, resulting in Gill doing his best Mark Hunt impression for the England crowd. Next stop, a huge samurai skulls tattoo? Either way, we wouldn't try to talk him out of it. Keep walloping dudes, Paul Gill.
- Insane KO of the Day: Fighter Escapes Guillotine With Double Northern Lights Suplex
- Insane KO of the Day: UFC Vet Dylan Andrews WRECKS Papy Abedi
- Insane KO of the Day: An Anderson Silva-Esque Front Kick Destruction
- Insane KO of the Day: Reader-Submitted Superman Punch KO off the Cage
- Insane KO of the Day: A Dan Henderson-Level Right Hand From Hell