In the world of combat sports, every knockout is truly its own, unique, unconsciousness-inducing snowflake. From time to time, however, we are gifted a KO that truly defies the odds, our expectations, or even the common laws of physics. That's what the 'Insane KO of the Day' is all about.
Today's KO: Who are the Five Best Strikers in the World?
You guys remember Dylan Andrews, right? The TUF 17 vet who holds the rare distinction of being one of the only fighters to knock himself out in the Octagon?
At Superior Challenge in Stockholm, Sweden last weekend, "The Villain" stepped into the cage for the first time since his exit from the UFC in 2015 to take on fellow vet Papy Abedi. The fight was a rematch of the duo's UFC Fight Night 27 scrap back in 2013, which saw Andrews score the biggest (and final) victory of his UFC career by way of brutal KO, and wouldn't you know it, time hasn't appeared to change a thing.
With the clock ticking away in the second round, Andrews blasted Abedi with one of the smoothest head kicks you will ever see, sending "Makambo" careening to the canvas with such force that his head literally bounced off of it like a beach ball at a post-Wrestlemania Raw show. In any case, the win not only marked Andrews' first since the last time he KO'd Abedi, but answer a question that had been eating away at MMA fans for years.
BECAUSE HE SPIT HOT FIRE.
- Insane KO of the Day: An Anderson Silva-Esque Front Kick Destruction
- Insane KO of the Day: Reader-Submitted Superman Punch KO off the Cage
- Insane KO of the Day: A Dan Henderson-Level Right Hand From Hell
- Insane KO of the Day: When Showing Up 50 Pounds Overweight Goes Wrong
- Insane KO of the Day: A Superman Punch That Would Probably Kill Superman