In the world of mixed martial arts, every knockout is truly its own, unique, unconsciousness-inducing snowflake. From time to time, however, we are gifted a KO that truly defies the odds, our expectations, or even the common laws of physics. That's what the 'Insane KO of the Day' is all about.
Today's KO: Conor McGregor's Fastest Career Knockout
Happy St. Patty's Day, Champions Nation! We hope that you are all celebrating your 5% Irish heritages in as excessive and debaucherous a manner as possible, but in the meantime, we've decided to celebrate this glorious day with, who else, Conor McGregor.
We've seen the Dublin-born lightweight champion KO a legend in 13 seconds. We've seen him KO some other guy in 16 seconds. But 4 seconds?! Surely today's Insane KO must be the result of a timekeeper error or some other Irish conspiracy, except it isn't! No, it turns out that McGregor has simply been making dudes eat canvas in record time since practically the day he punched his way out of the womb, with the crem de la creme being this 4-second smattering of Patrick Doherty at Immortal FC 4 (aka McGregor's next fight after the aforementioned 16-second KO).
If that punch looks familiar, it might because it's the exact same one McGregor used to knock out Jose Aldo.
Time is truly a flat circle. And so will your face be if you try to run up on Conor McGregor.
- Insane KO of the Day: UFC London Headliner Jimi Manuwa Crushes Ovince Saint Preux
- Insane KO of the Day: A One-Second, Head Kick Destruction
- Insane KO of the Day: Kickboxer Goes for High Kick, Knocks Himself Out Instead
- Insane KO of the Day: Fighter Obliterates Opponent in First Round...WITH MIND BULLETS
- Insane KO of the Day: The Humiliating Pimp Slap Knockout