In the world of combat sports, every knockout is truly its own, unique, unconsciousness-inducing snowflake. From time to time, however, we are gifted a KO that truly defies the odds, our expectations, or even the common laws of physics. That's what the 'Insane KO of the Day' is all about.
Today's KO: Alida Gray's MONSTER Overhand Right
Remember when we so bodly declared Ann Wolfe vs. Vonda Ward to be the most vicious knockout in women's boxing history and maybe ever? How about when we were forced to quickly reconsider and bestow Jelena Mrdjenovich's starching of Olivia Gerula with that honor?
Well, thanks to a clerical error that will no doubt be blamed on our intern, Rusty, it turns out that we may have jumped the gun on BOTH of those knockouts (way to go, Rusty). The most vicious knockout in the history of women's sports belongs neither to the esteemed fisticuffs of Ms. Wolfe or Ms. Mrdjenovich, but rather, to strawweight (!!) Invicta fighter Alida Gray, who unleashed this Falcon Punch on Soannia Tiem in just her third professional fight.
Warning: Watching this video may result in nausea, hysteria, and bouts of involuntary, radical feminism.
- Insane KO of the Day: Spinning Elbow Leads to Epic Faceplant
- Insane KO of the Day: That Time Holly Holm Got Absolutely Merked
- Insane KO of the Day: Boxer Gets Left Hanging...On the Ropes
- Insane KO of the Day: Left Hook Hospital, Soccer Kick Cemetery
- Insane KO of the Day: A B-E-A-utiful Spinning Backfist From Japan