Since winning the The Ultimate Fighter season 14 bantamweight tournament, John Dodson spent the majority of his UFC career competing as a flyweight. However, after multiple unsuccessful title shots, "The Magician" moved back at to 135 pound to see if he would find better fortune there. And so far, he has.
Dodson returned to bantamweight in April, taking on TUF 5 finalist Manvel Gamburyan, and proved why he should be considered a threat in the division. It took less than a minute for Dodson to find Gamburyan's chin, drop him, and take home the win.
After that impressive victory, Dodson now finds himself in the top 10 of the bantamweight division. He will go up against No. 3 John Lineker and his powerful hands to see which former flyweight is a true contender in the heavier weight class. Even though Lineker missed weight earlier today, these two are still scheduled to face off in the main event as the UFC returns to Portland for the first time since 2009.
The rest of the UFC Fight Night 91 card goes as follows:
Main Card (FOX Sports 1)
- John Lineker vs. John Dodson
- Will Brooks vs. Alex Oliveira
- Josh Burkman vs. Zak Ottow
- Louis Smolka vs. Brandon Moreno
Preliminary Card (FOX Sports 2)
- Luis Henrique da Silva vs. Joachim Christensen
- Hacran Dias vs. Andre Fili
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Walt Harris
- Keita Nakamura vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
- Nate Marquardt vs. Tamdan McCrory
- Jonathan Wilson vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Cody East vs. Curtis Blaydes
- Kelly Faszholz vs. Ketlen Vieira