In the world of combat sports, every knockout is truly its own, unique, unconsciousness-inducing snowflake. From time to time, however, we are gifted a KO that truly defies the odds, our expectations, or even the common laws of physics. That's what the 'Insane KO of the Day' is all about.
Today's KO: A Rare Instance of Unchecked Arrogance Actually Working Out
In MMA, there are few knockouts more satisfying than those which happen to a cocky and/or cheating fighter. Whether the fighter in question is taunting his opponent with a mid-fight dance routine or simply giving him a free shot, it is never not satisfying to see unchecked arrogance, um, get checked.
But every so often, you get a fighter like #ONEChampionship lightweight Adrian Pang, who can not only drop his hands in the middle of a fight and dare his opponent to swing, but then KO said opponent (in this case, Peter Davis) in the same breath for even trying to take advantage of it. Just look at these absolutely disgusting ground-and-pound shots Pang landed mere seconds after challenging Davis to take his best shot.
In terms of MMA's all time greatest punkings, this is right up there with Anderson Silva vs. Forrest Griffin.
- Insane KO of the Day: Gone in Six Seconds
- Insane KO of the Day: The British Version of Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim
- Insane KO of the Day: Mishal Alfad Gets Taken to Suplex City
- Insane KO of the Day: Brian Camozzi's Head Kick-Flying Knee Hybrid
- Insane KO of the Day: Head Kick Sends Heavyweight Into Orbit