In the world of combat sports, every knockout is truly its own, unique, unconsciousness-inducing snowflake. From time to time, however, we are gifted a KO that truly defies the odds, our expectations, or even the common laws of physics. That's what the 'Insane KO of the Day' is all about.
Today's KO: Holly Holm's *Second* Nastiest Head Kick
Holly Holm's head kick knockout of Ronda Rousey may get all the credit for being the most shocking win in MMA History and "the end of the Rousey era" and yadda yadda blah blah blah, but for my money, her knockout of Allanna Jones from Legacy FC 21 is just as brutal, if not the more brutal of the two.
I mean, sure, it may not have come over the most dominant women's champion of all time, or even over a fighter who had a winning record at the time, but one simply cannot deny the ragdoll physics on display here.
Eerily similar to her KO of Rousey though it may be, this one gets added points for being so powerful that it caused Jones to KO herself a second time with her own knee on the way down. Now can we PLEASE book Holm in a tune-up fight that allows her to display this kind of brutality again?
- Insane KO of the Day: A Reader Nails the Walk-Off Mark Hunt KO
- Insane KO of the Day: Fighter Escapes Guillotine With Double Northern Lights Suplex
- Insane KO of the Day: UFC Vet Dylan Andrews WRECKS Papy Abedi
- Insane KO of the Day: An Anderson Silva-Esque Front Kick Destruction
- Insane KO of the Day: Reader-Submitted Superman Punch KO off the Cage