Interwoven into the nostalgia-laced world of Japanese MMA is the wild goose chase of finding a way to watch it.
When an event approaches, you'll see a tidal wave of posts on internet forums asking simply: Stream? Unfortunately, there hasn't been much change since the glory days of Dream and Pride. UFC Fight Pass is starting to make things easier, but they can't broadcast everything.
With the announcement of a new Rizin tournament, came yet another "Where's Waldo" search on how to watch it live. Luckily, a service called EverSport has you covered. If you were panicking over missing out on seeing if Baruto's waterfall training had paid off, or if Cro Cop still has KO power in his legs, these combat sport saints are here for you.
Here's how to watch the Rizin GP opening round this Saturday.
EverSport has confirmed that they will be streaming the Rizin event this weekend for free in the United States. The stream begins on Saturday, September 24 at 11:00 PM PDT.
The final fight card will consist of:
- Kron Gracie vs. Hideo Tokoro
- Rena vs. Miyuu Yamamoto
- Mirko Cro Cop vs. Hyun Man Myung
- Andy Souwer vs. Daron Cruickshank
- Kizaemon Saiga vs. Erson Yamamoto
- Jiri Prochazka vs. Mark Tanios
- Karl Albrektsson vs. Valentin Moldavsky
- Joao Almeida vs. Amir Aliakbari
- Teodoras Aukstuolis vs. Szymon Bajor
- Minoru "Philip" Kimura vs. Charles "Felony" Bennett
- Kanako Murata vs. Kyra Batara
- Gabi Garcia vs. Destanie Yarbrough
Check out the teaser below and catch up with "Everything We Know About Rizin's Openweight Grand Prix."