Veteran fighter Gegard Mousasi appears relaxed and ready to fight Vitor Belfort at UFC 204 this Saturday in Manchester, England.
Mousasi answered questions in a video published on YouTube by Fancy MMA, where he offered his prediction for the Belfort fight and his thoughts on various other names in mixed martial arts.
Mousasi's prediction against UFC legend Belfort?
Mousasi says he will knock him out in the first round. Mousasi, the former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion, fielded a variety of chat questions.
He also declared who he believes is the number-1 fighter in the lightweight division: Khabib Nurmagomedov.
Mousasi's comments about Nurmagomedov come as the Russian fighter has said that he would leave the UFC if he doesn't get a title shot after UFC 205.
Nurmagomedov believes he should have received the title shot against Eddie Alvarez, not Conor McGregor. Alvarez and McGregor will clash at UFC 205 for the lightweight championship.
Nurmagomedov said on a recent issue of The Luke Thomas Show that he better get a title shot soon. Nurmagomedov will fight Michael Johnson at UFC 205.
“After this fight I have to fight for the title,” he said. “UFC thinks Conor has power? Ireland only has like 6 million people. I am from Russia, 150 million people. If UFC don’t give me the title fight after this fight, I’m going to show how I have power in Russia and I know if I don’t fight for the title next fight, UFC will never ever go to Russia.”
Among the other highlights of Mousasi's interview:
- Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza was his toughest fight
- His favorite fighters are Fedor Emelianenko
- He would love a rematch with Uriah Hall
- His hero is his mother
- He has two fights, after Saturday, left on his contract
- He wanted to be a teacher or firefighter if he wasn't an MMA fighter
- He predicts Bisping will defeat Henderson in the third round
- "No, I cannot defeat Brock Lesnar," Mousasi said.
- He could, however, beat Demetrious Johnson
- "Now I am going to beat everybody with the strict drug testing," Mousasi said.
- He wants to fight Chris Weidman or Luke Rockhold next
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. "can't fight MMA."