It's getting closer to Dan Henderson's last MMA fight.
After a decade of battles, the 46-year-old fighter has said that his rematch with Michael Bisping for the UFC Middleweight title this Saturday will be his retirement bout.
Henderson will be coming into the fight with full confidence after knocking out Bisping at UFC 100. Despite seven years between the fights, he doesn't feel the main event of UFC 204 will go much different.
"I think both of us have improved in all aspects, not just one," Henderson told the UFC's Megan Olivi. "He's obviously improved to be able to become champion. Just know that I was better then and I'm better now."
Often the fan favorite, Henderson will be in Bisping's own backyard this time. That means not only will he have to deal with a notoriously brash Brit, but the entire audience may be against him. However, that doesn't seem to matter to him.
"[The crowd] helps a little bit, but it doesn't hurt you. It probably gets me to go a little harder when they're booing me," said Henderson.
When the time comes, all sights and sounds will probably be drowned out in Henderson's cauliflower ears, and he'll be focused simply on his modus operandi.
"The biggest thing, is just making sure that I'm winning every round, and not letting him score points and run around," Henderson said. "I think If [Bisping] engages with me, and stands there and bangs a little bit, I'll come out on top in every exchange."
UFC 204 will take place on October 8 in Manchester, England.
The full card is as follows.
- Michael Bisping (c) vs. Dan Henderson
- Vitor Belfort vs. Gegard Mousasi
- Ovince Saint Preux vs. Jimi Manuwa
- Stefan Struve vs. Daniel Omielańczuk
- Mirsad Bektic vs. Russell Doane
- Iuri Alcantara vs. Brad Pickett
- Ian Entwistle vs. Rob Font
- Damian Stasiak vs. Davey Grant
- Leon Edwards vs. Albert Tumenov
Fight Pass Prelims
- Danny Roberts vs. Mike Perry
- Leonardo Santos vs. Adriano Martins
- Łukasz Sajewski vs. Marc Diakiese