Legacy Fighting Alliance will be hosting a fight card this Friday that I believe is the perfect example of everything that LFA stands for. We are proud to be a developmental organization to UFC and Bellator and are happy to use our cage as a way to showcase fighters as they make their way to bigger things. We are okay with being the "NCAA" of MMA; there's nothing wrong with that. We don't expect our fighters to be with us long term — we want them to move on.
For #LFA 13, we are traveling back to my home and holding the first Los Angeles card for our newly merged (RFA and Legacy) promotion. It seemed only right to book a hometown favorite, which was why it was easy to put Bellator veteran Curtis Millender (11-3) vs. Texas-based prospect Kevin Holland (9-2) in the main event slot.
But what I am most excited about personally is our three light-heavyweight bouts. It's no secret that the heavier weight classes in the UFC and Bellator are not as robust as the smaller weight classes, and that they are on the look out for those types of fighters. We hope that these three fights, in particular, may lead to UFC contracts for some of these men.
I am particularly excited for Dominick Reyes, (5-0) vs. Jordan Powell, (8-6). Reyes is undefeated both as an amateur and a pro and won a regional title in his last fight. Powell is a WFC veteran from northern California and just as dangerous. This is the fight you don't want to miss.
In addition to Reyes vs. Powell, we also have Alonzo Menifield (2-0) who has fought for us in the RFA vs. a tough Russian prospect Khadzhimurat Bestaev (4-1). The final light-heavyweight bout on the main card will feature Sweden's Herdem Alacabek (2-0) vs. Brazil's Antonio Arroyo (4-1).
As I look back at how far we have come as a promotion, and the goals I still have to achieve, I am content. I know that we are one of the top five organizations in the world and I believe that this card will show that.
LFA 13 Fight Card:
- Curtis Millender vs. Kevin Holland - Welterweight Bout (170 lb)
- Sam Liera vs. Karen Darabedyan - Welterweight Bout (170 lb)
- Dominick Reyes vs. Jordan Powell - Light-Heavyweight Bout (205 lb)
- Alonzo Menifield vs. Khadzhimurat Bestaev - Light-Heavyweight Bout (205 lb)
- Trent Meaux vs. Maikel Perez - Catchweight Bout (130 lb)
- Herdem Alacabek vs. Antonio Arroyo - Light-Heavyweight Bout (205 lb)
- Kyler Phillips vs. Jonathan Quiroz- Bantamweight Bout (135 lb)
- Dmitry Gerasimov vs. Fabio Trindade - Lightweight Bout (155 lbs)
- Tommy Aaron vs. Austin Wilson - Lightweight Bout (155 lb)
- Vince Cachero vs. Arnold Jimenez - Catchweight Bout (138 lb)
Live on AXS TV at 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT. (Tickets can be purchased here.)