Now Evans' would-be opponent is wasting no time trying to find an opponent so he can still fight on the biggest fight card in #UFC history.
Big names. Can you blame him?
Kennedy called out three fighters to join him in New York for a fight, Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva and Middleweight champion Michael Bisping.
Let's break down the three fighters and the pros and cons for a potential fight:
- Nick currently in New York for a seminar, so travel would not be an issue.
- Might still be on suspension, as he has yet to pay his NAC fine.
- Hasn't been training, probably wouldn't take a short notice fight
- Is in Hong Kong filming a movie.
- Has filled in on just two days notice for UFC 200, so time wouldn't be a factor.
- On a losing streak, might not want to risk another loss.
- Is in New York, working with Fox Sports.
- Is current middleweight champion, would have too much to risk.
- Just fought at UFC 204 and has likely not returned to training yet.
Any of these fights would have me like...
But as much as I would like to still see Kennedy fight in New York it seems unlikely that any of the three men he called out would fill in at this point.