It's a battle of stone-fisted heavyweights who swing for the fences. And while knockouts are never guaranteed, this one has a pretty, pretty, pretty good chance of ending in a stoppage, perhaps even of the walk-off variety.
Beyond its 530-pound main event, UFC Auckland features a battle of top-15 middleweights in Derek Brunson and Dan Kelley, and top-15 flyweights in Tim Elliott and Champions #FighterBlogs contributor Ben Nguyen. There's also the return of #TheUltimateFighter alum Vinc Pichel, who hasn't competed since May 2014, and "Maestro" Dong Hyun Kim, who delivered one of 2016's top fights, kicking off UFC 199.
UFC Auckland Fight Card (6/10/17):
Main Card: FOX Sports 1 (10 P.M. EST / 7 P.M. PST)
- Mark Hunt vs. Derrick Lewis
- Derek Brunson vs. Daniel Kelly
- Ross 'The Real Deal' Pearson vs. Dan 'The Hangman' Hooker
- Ion 'The Hulk' Cutelaba vs. Luis Henrique 'Frankenstein' da Silva
- Ben '10' Nguyen vs. Tim Elliott
- Alexander 'The Great' Volkanovski vs. Mizuto 'Pugnus' Hirota
Preliminary Card: FOX Sports 1 (8 P.M. EST / 5 P.M. PST)
- Vinc 'From Hell' Pichel vs. Damien 'Beatdown' Brown
- Luke 'The Jedi' Jumeau vs. Dominique 'Non-Stop Action Packed' Steele
- John Moraga vs. Ashkan 'The Assassin' Mokhtarian
- Zak Ottow vs. Kiichi Kunimoto
Preliminary Card: UFC Fight Pass (7 P.M. EST / 4 P.M. PST)
- J.J. Aldrich vs. Chan-Mi Jeon
- Dong Hyun 'Maestro' Kim vs. Thibault 'GT' Gouti Thibault Gouti
This article appears as part of #TheChampionsGuide.