The state of the featherweight division finally receives some much-needed clarity on June 3 at UFC 212, when Jose Aldo and Max Holloway fight for a belt that, in all honesty, really belongs to #ConorMcGregor.
With McGregor unable to defend the featherweight title he won from Aldo in just 13 seconds at UFC 194 -- busy pursuing tangents like winning multiple titles and a pair of best-sellers against #NateDiaz -- the "Champ Champ" was stripped of his 145-pound strap (sic. relinquished) in November 2016.
No matter how you look at it, the whole scenario is rather absurd, but either Aldo or Holloway will unify the belts at UFC 212. No word on whether the winner gets a crack at Conor.
Max Holloway Pre-Fight Media Scrum
UFC 212: Aldo vs. Holloway Fight Card
Pay Per View Main Card (10 P.M. EST/7 P.M. PST)
- Jose Aldo vs. Max Holloway - featherweight title unification bout
- Claudia Gadelha vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz
- Vitor Belfort vs. Nate Marquardt
- Paulo Borrachinha vs. Oluwale Bamgbose
- Erick Silva vs. Yancy Medeiros
FOX Sports 1 Prelims (8 P.M. EST/5 P.M. PST)
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Marlon Moraes
- Antonio Carlos Junior vs. Eric Spicely
- Johnny Eduardo vs. Matthew Lopez
- Iuri Alcantara vs. Brian Kelleher
UFC Fight Pass Prelims (6:30 P.M. EST/3:30 P.M. PST)
- Viviane Pereira vs. Jamie Moyle
- Luan Chagas vs. Jim Wallhead
- Marco Beltran vs. Deiveson Figueiredo
This article appears as part of #TheChampionsGuide.