It's amazing how much damage one can sustain in just 13 seconds ...
Eighteen months after suffering one of the most high-profile, and devastating, defeats in UFC championship history, MMA legend Jose Aldo is still rebounding from his #UFC194 knockout loss to #ConorMcGregor.
And while his lone defeat inside the Octagon has stained Aldo's otherwise remarkable and historic career, the featherweight champion remains one of the sport's legends, and by all accounts, is criminally underrated heading into his #UFC212 unification bout against interim champion #MaxHolloway.
From his pulverizing legs kicks and near-perfect takedown defense, to the fluidity of his footwork and boxing, Aldo burst onto the international MMA scene in 2008, when he debuted for the #WEC.
Unfortunately for Aldo, MMA's collective conscious remembers him as the guy who lost to McGregor in December 2015. But prior to UFC 194, Aldo's legacy was already firmly established.
He is, quite simply, one of the greatest featherweights to strap on the four-ounce gloves.
Jose Aldo UFC / WEC Record (16-1):
- W - Frankie Edgar, unanimous decision -- UFC 200 (7/9/16)
- L - Conor McGregor, KO (punch) -- UFC 194 (12/12/15)
- W - Chad Mendes, unanimous decision -- UFC 179 (10/25/14)
- W - Ricardo Lamas, unanimous decision -- UFC 169 (2/1/14)
- W - Chan Sung Jung, TKO (punches) -- UFC 163 (8/3/13)
- W - Frankie Edgar, unanimous decision -- UFC 156 (2/2/13)
- W - Chad Mendes, KO (knee) -- UFC 142 (1/14/12)
- W - Kenny Florian, unanimous decision -- UFC 136 (10/8/11)
- W - Mark Hominick, unanimous decision -- UFC 129 (4/30/11)
- W- Manvel Gamburyan, KO (punches) -- WEC 51 (9/30/10)
- W - Urijah Faber, unanimous decision -- WEC 48 (4/24/10)
- W - Mike Brown, TKO (punches) -- WEC 44 (11/18/09)
- W - Cub Swanson, TKO (#flyingknee) -- WEC 41 (6/7/09)
- W - Chris Mickle, TKO (punches) -- WEC 39 (3/1/09)
- W - Rolando Perez, KO (knee and punches) -- WEC 38 (1/25/09)
- W - Jonathan Brookins, TKO (punches) -- WEC 36 (11/5/08)
- W - Alexandre Franca Noguiera, TKO (punches) -- WEC 34 (6/1/08)
This article appears as part of #TheChampionsGuide.